Curry Chicken is easy and delicious! If you like the ingredients in the name, you'll love the dish.
- 4 Cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 6 tbsp Curry Powder
- 3/4 tsp Black pepper
- 3 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice (for washing chicken)
- 4lbs Chicken, chopped in small pieces (remove skin)
- 1/4 Small green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Cooking oil
- 1/4 Small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Large cooking onion, chopped
- 2 Medium potatoes, cut in 6 pieces each
- 3 cups Water
- 1 Tbsp scotch bonnet (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp Dried thyme or 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds, not powder (optional)
- Cut chicken into serving pieces (not too small) and remove and discard skin.
- Pour lemon juice over chicken, wash in cold water, drain well and dry with paper towel
- Season chicken with 2tsp salt, black pepper, 3 Tbsp of curry powder and chopped garlic
- put chicken in fridge for 1 hour or over night
- Add cooking oil to saucepan and heat on High
- Saute cumin seeds for 1/2 minute
- add chopped onion, green and red bell peppers
- Add thyme, pepper sauce, 3 Tbsp curry powder, 1 tsp salt and tomato ketchup
- Saute onion and peppers until just tender
- Add 1 cup of boiling water and, when sauce is boiling, add chicken.
- Fold in chicken until it is well covered with sauce and seasonings
- Add 1 1/2 cups of boiling water; cover and bring to a rolling boil
- Lower heat to medium, add potatoes and add 1/2 cup water, cover and simmer (slow boil) until chicken is tender and sauce thickens (about 1/2 hour)
- Taste and adjust with salt, if needed.