Jamaican Fish Tea
Believe to contribute to the stamina of Jamaican men, it is no surprise it is a popular meal within the Jamaican household.
- 2 medium whole fish or 4 small
- 6 Okras
- 8 cups Water
- 1 Tbsp Butter or Margarine
- 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- Grace Fish Tea Mix
- 2 to 3 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- Black Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 2 Scallion stalks (green onion)
- 1/2 Green and Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 large Carrot, sliced
- 2 Cho Cho (choyote), sliced
- 3 Green Bananas, sliced
- Remove fish heads and set aside. Filet fish and set flesh aside.
- Place the fish heads and bones into a stock pot; add 4 cups of water and bring to a boil for 10 minutes.
- Strain fish stock and discard heads and bones; add 4 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Add green bananas, cho cho and carrot to fish stock and bring to a rapid boil.
- Add bell peppers,Okras and scallion; add salt and black pepper to taste, fresh thyme, hot pepper sauce and stir
- Place scotch bonnet pepper, Fish Tea Mix and fish fillets on top of soup and simmer on Medium High for 10 minutes
- Stir in butter or margarine and simmer for 5 minutes