Simple Jamaican Easter Bun Recipe
Simple Jamaican Easter Bun is easy and delicious! If you like the ingredients in the name, you'll love the dish.
- 3 tea spoons baking powder
- 2 tea spoons mixed spice or nutmeg or cinnamon
- 2 tea spoons honey
- 2 tea spoons butter
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mixed fruits and or raisins
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup stout
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat sugar, butter, honey, spices and stout over low heat
- Mix flour, baking powder, fruit and eggs.
- Mix in heated ingredients
- Bake for 40 minutes. Insert toothpick in middle to see if bun is baked.
- If it is baked very little or no residue should be on the toothpick or other probe. if the bun is not baked, bake for an additional 10-15 minutes and check again