Jamaican Beetroot Juice
Beetroot is believed to have a wide range of nutritional benefits including boost stamina, improve blood flow, lower blood pressure, etc.
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tin Supligen (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. nut meg
- Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Guinness (optional)
- 10 small beetroots (use 6, if medium-size and 4, if large size)
- 2 cups water or more
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- Wash the beetroots properly, put to boil over high heat in a medium-size pot with enough water to cover the beetroots.
- Boil until tender. Do not remove skin from beetroots before boiling.
- Remove the skin from the cooked beetroots.
- Use a knife to cut each beetroot in halves.
- Blend a handful of beetroots at a time in 1 cup of water.
- Add 1 cup water and continue to blending until all the beetroots have been blended.
- Pass the juice through a sieve and add the evaporated milk, supligen.
- Sweetened with condensed milk and add the Guinness.
- Add the vanilla and nutmeg. Stir and put to chill before serving.
- You can sweeten the beetroots with just granulated sugar, and drink it, especially if you are anemic.