Jamaican Corn Bread
A simple pastry that goes well with cheeze and milk. If you are looking for a snack with a difference, the cornbread is for you.
- 1 cup counter flour
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 packet Grace Coconut Milk Powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- Combine flour, cornmeal, Grace Coconut Milk Powder, sugar and baking powder; mix well and set aside.
- Melt the margarine and allow to cool.
- Combine melted margarine, egg, whole milk and vanilla and whisk lightly.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Scrape batter into a greased loaf pan and bake at 180°C/350°F for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with slices of cheese; or can be topped with grated cheddar cheese.
Tip: 1/2 - 1 cup margarine may be used.