Jamaican Saute Salt Cod Fish
If you're looking for a quick and easy recipe, the Jamaican Saute Salt Cod Fish is your go to recipe. It can be server with a wide range of sides: Fried Dumpling, Breadfruit (Fried or Boiled), Boiled Dumplings and Bananas, Fried Green Plantain, Yellow or White Yam, or Water crackers.
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 slices green sweet pepper
- 1/4 scotch bonnet pepper (optional)
- 1/4 tomato
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 lb. saltfish
- Boil Saltfish for 5 -10 minutes to remove most of the salt
- Cut up the onions, tomato,green sweet pepper and scotch bonnet (optional)
- Remove from boiling water and place in a dish.
- Break in to small portions and remove any bones.
- Saute broken down(pickup) saltfish in coconut oil in a saucepan.
- Add onions, tomato,green sweet pepper and scotch bonnet to saucepan.
- Add ketchup
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with: Fried Dumpling, Boiled Dumplings and Bananas, Fried Green Plantations, Yellow or White Yam or Water crackers.