Simple Jamaican Pumpkin Soup
Rich with flavour and a regular within a Jamaican household. You will enjoy with each sip.
- 1 stalk escallion, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 packet Grace Cock Soup
- 4 cup chicken stock
- 2 1/2 pound pumpkin, large diced
- 5 cup water
- 1 whole scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Margarine
- In a saucepan bring to a boil 5 cups of water.
- Peel and dice pumpkin, add to boiling water and cook until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Blend pumpkin using 4 cups of chicken stock, and a packet of Grace Cock Soup Mix. Pour blended mixture into saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add chopped garlic, escallion, onion, thyme, scotch bonnet pepper, margarine and salt.
- Allow to cook for 10 minutes or until soup thickens.